11/10/10

Gabriel hates my friends


A lot of my friends are mute. When you can't hear, you have no way to know if you are pronouncing things right when you talk (you won't be), so if you just don't talk it might be better for everybody. We'll all use sign language and things'll be a lot more peaceful, no problems.

But down comes the angel Gabriel and screws things up again. He makes Zechariah mute for showing a lick of common sense by asking how his 70-year-old wife is going to have a baby doubting god. And somehow everybody knew this. 

(Luke 1):21 Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zechariah and wondering why he stayed so long in the temple. 22 When he came out, he could not speak to them. They realized he had seen a vision in the temple, for he kept making signs to them but remained unable to speak.

He gets his voice back in verse 62-64, but till he does he has to write things down, so don't think this means actual sign language. If it did, he'd've flat out told them
That fucking angel Gabriel was in there and the sumbitch put a spell on me so I can't talk anymore.”
In this story he didn't do that so they had to figure it out for themselves: hmmm, he can't talk, so he must have seen a vision and god is punishing him for some horrible sin. Stands to reason doesn't it?

Hell, no, it doesn't, but that hasn't stopped god addicts from kicking mute people around. Matthew pissed me off back when it said a guy couldn't talk because he was possessed. People always say stupid shit like that. They don't say deaf and bilingual, they say deaf and dumb. As in “The PhD who teaches Neurolinguistics of ASL is dumb”. Buncha damn audists.

Y'know, I've met a lot of deaf people, and it never once occurred to me to ask, “hey, how's your demon treating ya?” I was just nice cuz I'm one of those atheists who don't have any basis for morality; if I'd been all godly and holy I would have kicked the shit out of them like they deserved, the miserable sinners.

At least according to the angel Gabriel. I swear, all that guy does is cause trouble. Not just this either—going down to that two-bit preacher in Arabia and dictating the entire fucking Koran? Totally uncalled for. What a jerk. 
 

1 comment:

PersonalFailure said...

I regularly see people on Rapture Ready very upset because they have epilepsy. They aren't upset because epilepsy can be dangerous and hard to control, they are upset because epilepsy means they are demon possessed and unsaved. (Because saved persons can't be possessed.)

Speaking as someone with epilepsy, that is a bit annoying.